[BlindTlk] Apps

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Apr 21 22:13:21 UTC 2023

Get face id working and turn off require attention that way you don't have
to look at face id for it to work.  When the eye sees, it sends out light
and it's that light attention-seeking apps sense.  If you start out facing
right once setting up face id then slowly and I mean slowly turn your head
to the left such that it's eventually facing all the way left you should
hear face id give instructions and tell you the percent of progress to
completion.  If you don't hear those percentages, you're doing it wrong
likely too fast.  If it takes over a minute for you to completely turn
your head you're on the right track.  The phone needs to be held directly
in front of you about 10 inches away from your face and not move when you
turn your head slowly.
Once your face id is saved, slide your finger slowly from bottom of phone
about halfway up the screen and hold your phone about 10 inches away from
your face.  If it works you'll hear face id and you'll also hear a padlock
click.  I had a bear of a time getting this set up on my phone so I
understand where you're at now.

-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.