[BlindTlk] Computers

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Feb 13 18:00:43 UTC 2023

I never had braille on a windows keyboard.  Computers in Government and
corporate environments usually come in two different flavors for two
different purposes.  Most people get and use desktop computers and windows
is on most of them.  Then there are servers and Linux is on most of them.
If a desktop computer goes down a call to tech support and maybe the
computer security team will eventually get it fixed.  Servers support all
of the desktop computers and run the network all of those desktop
computers use.  So to answer the question more specifically it depends on
whether you had a dos background or a cp/m background before you started
using windows.  If none of that applies to you, your best bet is to stick
with windows.  If any of that does apply to you and you miss running
direct from the command line without all that clicky stuff and all that
eye candy then Linux will be your better bet.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.