[BlindTlk] An Open Letter to Reinstate Audible on the Victor Stream

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 00:10:33 UTC 2023

Seeing that Humanware is launching the Victor Stream 3, Audible will
not work on it as it stands. This will affect anyone wishing to
upgrade and as well as new Audible users. Please sign this open
letter.
On the Mosen at Large podcast, HumanWare detailed how a recent release of
Audible Sync has broken support for the current generation of the Victor
Reader Stream. If you are authorised already, you're fine, but authorisation
for new users is broken.

This issue extends to lack of support for the third generation of the
Stream, which HumanWare expects to release initially to the US market
sometime in February.

Since this episode was published only a few hours ago, I've received a large
number of inquiries asking if I would help set up some sort of open letter
or petition to Audible about this issue. While I am not a Stream user
myself, I am happy to help, because I strongly support blind people being
able to access information in the way that works for them. There is no doubt
that the loss of Audible support for the Stream will deprive a good number
of people of their preferred means of reading Audible books, and some will
unsubscribe from Audible altogether.

I have now set up an open letter to Audible which you can sign if you wish.
I've taken care to use a site that is accessible and does not needlessly
collect information from you.

I have had representatives from Audible on Mosen at Large in the Past. I
will use those contacts to ensure the letter gets to the right place, and
will also invite Audible on the podcast for comment.

If you support this initiative, please spread the word via email lists and
social media.

Here is the link to the open letter.

https://bit.ly/AudibleStreamSupport

Jonathan Mosen MNZM

Director, Mushroom FM, the home of the fun guys.

have been all of these.
George Washington Carver
Email: singingmywayin at gmail.com