[BlindTlk] [TheInnerSanctuary] Slightly OT: When Did Customer Service Die...

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Apr 22 08:17:43 UTC 2024

I am glad verizon got brought up here and anyone needing to download files
that pass sha512sum verification will like what I'm about to share.  When
files fail sha512sum verification or other forms of verification for which
developers provide verification files those files are corrupted and
unuseable. What I discovered is that the only way to download a clean file
that passes verification tests is to use a stylus or pen point for sighted
people and reset the router to factory settings and then do the download.
Apparently verizon puts all manner of security settings on its routers to
make downloading of files of a significant size all corrupted and the
reset to factory settings wipes these settings out so the files download
cleanly.  Verizon will restore the crap security settings as soon as it
can do so, but while they're gone you can at least get some clean files
down.  This happens with any file over 300k that these files come down
corrupted.  For those of us testing linux distributions for accessibility
4 gigs is not an uncommon download. Things got crazy on this end since
August of 2022 for me to figure this out on my own and without any useful
customer service from verizon from that date until now.  I don't own the
account and people that own the account are in another building a few
miles away so verizon will only talk to those people.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.