[BlindTlk] Skechers..

Aaron Spears valiant8086 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:55:09 UTC 2024

Hi.

Cool question. No idea if I have dainty feet that would make this
different, but I tie my sneakers tight and I can still get them off.
Perhaps I have a different structure because I have to take care not to
have a pair that my heels will bounce up and down in. At the moment I have
two pair of New Balance and the insole has lines in it around the toes and
along where certain tendons on the sole would be, and they're pretty nice
for mme. They're not mesh at all so get warm, but I prefer my feet to be
warm so it doesn't bother me. I've had skketchers before and think you will
like. You can also learn to tie your shoes unless you have challenges with
motor function. It just takes patience. Blind people should generally be
able to tie just as well as sighted, it's hands-on work, after all. I just
am a lazy butt so I tie them and then double not them and I yank them on or
off without bothering to untie. I've figured out how to use my toe against
the heel and remove them without even bending over or sitting down. Even
tied like that I usually can slip them on relatively easy, I just insert a
finger on the inner heel when I slide my foot in and the press down with
the heel, the finger makes sure the shoe's heel doesn't collapse. They make
a gadget for that too, no idea what it's called.

--

Cheers:
Aaron Spears