[BlindTlk] opening cans without a can opener

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue May 21 19:21:59 UTC 2024

Has anyone done this when cans have no keys or tabs?
I read a short article I think in chow hound that using a spoon or
screwdriver or pen knife could do this.  What has me curious about the
strong metal spoon is the bowl tip gets used to start opening the can or
the tip of the handle?

For anyone interested in donating to food banks many recipients of food
bank services have no can openers in their houses so donating a supply of
can openers could help recipients who would then be able to open cans
either more easily or for the first time.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.