Subject: [BlindTlk] Amateur Radio Information, please.
From: &quot;Judy Jones via BlindTlk&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
To: &quot;&#x27;Blind Talk Mailing List&#x27;&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Cc: &quot;Judy Jones&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2025 14:59:56 -0700

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are both considering getting back into the world of ham
radio.  Actually, I was the one who is a former ham, but it has been years.

I&#x27;ve done some initial research and the licensing has changed as well, and
no more need for Morse code, although I still remember it.

Anyway, please advise of first steps, any support lists, and accessible
radio sets.

Mine, back in the day was an old Heathkit, and I could not load it myself.
My dad and I had taken up ham radio as a hobby, so he had the radio up and
running any time.  I was better at the code, so helped that way.  We
unofficially &quot;shared&quot; a license.  This was the Novice license.  I was almost
ready to take the General when we were transferred overseas with the Air
Force, and no ham radio allowed in the area where we lived, so close to the
East German boundary.

Anyway, thanks for helping us with advice.

Judy

(formerly WN0CGG

&quot;Embrace each day with His mercies and blessings.&quot;

_______________________________________________
BlindTlk mailing list
[email-masked]
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindtlk_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for BlindTlk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/donmi1949%40gmail.com