[Blindvet-talk] Fwd: [Nfbf-l] NABV Member in Iraq's Message to Us

NABlindVets at aol.com NABlindVets at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 01:43:00 UTC 2008

>From Captain Jason Ballard
NABV Member and one great  soldier!
Dwight

-----Original Message-----
From: Ballard, Jason  A CPT  Commander

Sent: Tuesday,  November 11, 2008 5:07  PM
To: Dwight Sayer

Subject: RE: VETERANS DAY  MESSAGE  (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats:   NONE

Good Morning ALL!
CPT Jason Ballard US Army here,

It  is  0021 on the morning of the 12th of November as I sit in my  Command
Post on  Forward Operating Base ECHO Iraq.  As the  lights of a nearby
Iraqi town  shine in the distance I thought today  of how proud I was to
join the ranks of  so many before me. From the  snowy woods of France, the
frozen highlands of  Korea, jungles of  Vietnam, sands and deserts of
conflicts past and present we  are the  reason.  To step forward and
answer the call to duty for every   American...grateful or not as it is
not our duty to judge...but   defend!

As I walk through the company visiting with the seasoned vets  of  the
last 6 years and the MANY new vets that have joined our rank  and  files
the traditions of the day are alive and well in our  ranks, however  the
true meaning won't hit these young Americans  hard until they  are
safe...many years from now when they too sleep  at night covered by  a
blanket of safety that they once  provided.  There are great  Americans
here, sons and daughters  of Americans deserving of your support on  their
day..our day!

Thank you very much and many thanks from the  Officers and  Soldiers of
FANTOM COMPANY, 2-8 Infantry as I will share your  well  thought thanks
and blessings!

Respectfully,

Jason A.   Ballard
CPT , LG
Commanding
THE FSC,  2-8IN
SEAMLESS!!!!!

"On  THE NET...Standing by! Providing  Seamless support to TALON  since
2007"