[Blindvet-talk] Fwd: Remarks from CBS Sunday Morning - Ben Stein

MisterAdvocate at aol.com MisterAdvocate at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 20:10:21 UTC 2009

____________________________________
 From: bigmanhuggi at yahoo.com
To: bettyhuggins1948 at yahoo.com,  tanispcollins at hotmail.com
Sent: 9/5/2009 10:50:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight  Time
Subj: Fwd: Remarks from CBS Sunday Morning - Ben Stein

Remarks  from CBS Sunday Morning - Ben  Stein

I  Only hope we find GOD again before it is too  late ! !

The  following was written by Ben Stein and recited  by him on CBS Sunday
Morning  Commentary.

My  confession:

I  am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors  was Jewish.  And it does
not bother me even  a little bit when people call those beautiful  lit up,
bejeweled trees, Christmas trees.  I don't feel threatened.  I don't  feel
discriminated against. That's what they  are, Christmas  trees.

It  doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry  Christmas' to me.  I
don't think they are  slighting me or getting ready to put me in a  ghetto.
In fact, I kind of like  it.  It  shows that we are all brothers and sisters
 celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't  bother me at all that
there is a manger  scene on display at a key intersection near  my beach house
in  Malibu  .  If people want a creche, it's just as fine  with me as is
the Menorah a few hundred yards  away.

I  don't like getting pushed around for being a  Jew, and I don't think
Christians like getting  pushed around for being Christians.  I  think people
who believe in God are sick and  tired of getting pushed around, period.  I
have no idea where the concept came from,  that America is  an explicitly
atheist country.  I can't  find it in the Constitution and I don't like it
being shoved down my  throat.

Or  maybe I can put it another way: where did the  idea come from that we
should worship  celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God  as we
understand Him?  I guess that's a  sign that I'm getting old, too.  But there
are a lot of us who are wondering where these  celebrities came from and where
 the America we  knew went to.

In  light of the many jokes we send to one another  for a laugh, this is a
little different:  This is not intended to be a joke; it's  not funny, it's
intended to get you  thinking.

Billy  Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early  Show and Jane
Clayson asked her 'How  could God let something like this happen?'  (regarding
Hurricane Katrina)..  Anne  Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful
response.  She said, 'I believe God is  deeply saddened by this, just as we
are, but for  years we've been telling God to get out of our  schools, to get
out of our government and to get  out of our lives.  And being the
gentleman  He is, I believe He has calmly backed out.  How can we expect God to give
us His  blessing and His protection if we demand He  leave us alone?'

In  light of recent events.... terrorists attack,  school shootings, etc.
I think it started  when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered,  her
body found a few years ago) complained she  didn't want prayer in our schools,
and we said  OK.  Then someone said you better not read  the Bible in
school.  The Bible says thou  shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love  your
neighbor as yourself.  And we said  OK.

Then  Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our  children when they
misbehave, because their  little personalities would be warped and we  might
damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son  committed suicide).  We said an
expert  should know what he's talking about.  And  we said okay.

Now  we're asking ourselves why our children have no  conscience, why they
don't know right from  wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill
strangers, their classmates, and  themselves.

Probably,  if we think about it long and hard enough, we  can figure it
out.  I think it has a great  deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE  SOW.'

Funny how simple it is for  people to trash God and then wonder why the
world's going to hell.  Funny how we  believe what the newspapers say, but
question  what the Bible says.  Funny how you can  send 'jokes' through e-mail
and they spread like  wildfire, but when you start sending messages
regarding the Lord, people think twice about  sharing.  Funny how lewd, crude,
vulgar and  obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace,  but public
discussion of God is suppressed in  the school and  workplace.

Are  you laughing yet?

Funny  how when you forward this message, you will not  send it to many on
your address list because  you're not sure what they believe, or what they
will think of you for sending  it.

Funny  how we can be more worried about what other  people think of us than
what God thinks of  us.

Pass  it on if you think it has  merit.

If  not, then just discard it... no one will know  you did.  But, if you
discard this thought  process, don't sit back and complain about what  bad
shape the world is in.

My  Best Regards,  Honestly and  respectfully,

Ben  Stein