[Blindvet-talk] Military Order of the Cooties

Chuck Kays chuckkays at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 04:27:37 UTC 2010

Hi - this is Nancy Cherne, partner and caregiver for Chuck Kays, a blind Vietnam Era Vet and Director of the Florida SE Regional Group of the BVA.

Did you ever get the info you wanted about the MOC helping Blind Vets?

My late father, Emmett G. Cherne, was a New Jersey state Commander of the VFW, national officer, and in the Cooties all my life.  My three sisters and I grew up deeply ingrained in the VFW family of Post 2179, Middletown, New Jersey.  I know their MOC were very active.

I'd be grateful if you would let us know if you were able to get some updates on the Cooties.  We still have Dad's old "uniform", and it is just beautiful!

Thank you and God bless,

Nancy Cherne
nanac2954 at aol.com

Blind Vets Helping Blind Vets