[Blindvet-talk] Wounded Warrior Entry For All Expense Paid Trip To National Conv./Please Share

Chairman XSB chairman at xaviersocietyfortheblind.org
Mon Oct 10 12:22:54 UTC 2011

What's with NFB? They know the dates - on the web site they say that seminar
day is June 30 and the banquet is July 5, so they have the schedule - they
HAVE to, to reserve rooms at the hotel, and those are already in place. Why
can't they give us the specific dates of the convention?

And with all due respect,  unless the web site has a whole lot more
information - and it doesn't - this isn't going to attract anyone who
doesn't already know about the NFB. Doesn't say what the NFB does, doesn't
give any information about the convention and the kind of things that go on
- for that matter, doesn't say anything about the NABV. Other than a free
trip to Dallas, doesn't have much incentive for someone to sign up.

I notice that all (or all but one - one email I didn't recognize) you sent
this to are nfb anyway - sort of preaching to the choir? Let me work on a
press release that could go out to a wider range of resources and that will
include enough information to make it an interesting option for people. And
I don't know that it's too early to approach the NFB for registration and
banquet, and the hotel for a break on the room fees, and start to line up
the major airlines for a free trip. Or at the very least, help on a free
trip. Once the winner is selected, the Dallas news media - tv and print -
should be contacted with the information that this vet is going to be in
attendance, including his service record. (With his or her permission, of
course.)