[Blindvet-talk] Michael Hingson to make a presentation at Annual NABV Meeting!

NABlindVets at aol.com NABlindVets at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 17:45:18 UTC 2012

Guest Speaker at our annual meeting , Michael Hingson and his 911
experience!

Attention All Interested In  Veterans Issues!
Guest Speaker Announcement.
The National Association  of Blind Veterans will hold it's annual meeting
in Dallas Texas at the  Anatole Hilton Hotel  on Sunday Night July 1, 2012 at
7PM thru 10PM  (1900 - 2200) Fleur delei  A room.
Our guest speaker will be Michael  Hingson author of the Best Selling book
Thunder Dog. Here is a little about  Michael.
When the World Trade Center was attacked on 9-11, it was as  though the
world stood still. It was a day that captured our full attention.  Michael
Hingson and his Guide Dog Roselle were on the 78th floor of Tower  One that day,
and were able to make their way to safety and survive the  attack. The duo
was immediately thrust into the international spotlight,  becoming
well-known representatives of the strength of the human/animal bond  and a living
example of the powerful partnership that exists between a blind  person and
their Guide Dog. In 2002 Michael joined the Guide Dogs for the  Blind team as
the National Public Affairs director, to share his story   throughout the
world on behalf of the school.  In June of 2008 Michael  left Guide Dogs to
form The Michael Hingson Group to continue his speaking  career as well as to
serve as a consultent for corporations and  organizations that need
assistance with Inclusive and Diversity training as  well as adaptive technology
training.
Michael Hingson is available for  speaking engagements, public appearances,
consulting and training contract  positions and media interviews.
In his own words:
I lived through the  9-11 tragedy and have much to say about my experiences
leading up to and  escaping from the terrorist attacks on the World Trade
Center. Since that  day, I’ve traveled the world with Roselle and her
successors; at first to  help people heal and hope, and now, to help them find
meaning and purpose.  As a blind person living in today’s world I want people to
see that while  there are many different kinds of people, each with their
own different  gifts, we all can live and work together if we choose to open
our minds and  hearts and become a more inclusive world. There are positive
lessons to be  learned from every tragedy, and 9-11 is certainly no
exception.
Because I  am blind, I have a unique perspective. Because I believe in the
power of  partnering with my Guide Dog, I can speak from the heart about
teamwork and  trust. I’ve been a guest numerous times on Larry King Live, have
been  interviewed on Regis and Kelly, and have appeared on the CBS Morning
Show.
Come meet and hear Michael as he engages all our fantastic  veterans.
Dwight

Dwight D.  Sayer
President
PO Box 784957