[Blindvet-talk] Hadley's Blinded Veterans Initiative underway

Deborah Bloom DeborahB at hadley.edu
Tue Sep 4 20:27:09 UTC 2012

On behalf of The Hadley School for the Blind, I invite you to learn more about our new Blinded Veterans Initiative launched last fall. You may have heard about this project at the NFB Convention this summer. Our goal is to help blinded vets adjust to their sight loss while pursuing their personal and professional goals.

We have a new Web site dedicated to this important new initiative at www.hadley.edu/veterans<http://www.hadley.edu/veterans>. There you can find links to various tuition-free courses and webinars of interest to veterans and their families, as well as a video featuring stories from blinded veterans and why this initiative is needed.

We just concluded a series of focus groups in which we asked veterans how Hadley can help them through distance education. The areas of interest include recreation, technology (particularly mobile devices such as iphones and iPads), business/self employment, independent living and braille literacy.  We have over 100 courses to choose from, all in accessible formats. If you see something of interest, call us to enroll at 800-323-4238 or better yet, enroll online at www.hadley.edu<http://www.hadley.edu>.

We also welcome your feedback, so if you have ideas and suggestions as to the types of distance education courses and webinars you would be interested in, let us know. You can email me directly at deborahbloom at hadley.edu<mailto:deborahbloom at hadley.edu> or post to this listserv and share your ideas with your colleagues.

Thank you.

______________________________________

Deborah Bloom
Vice President, Development and Communications
The Hadley School for the Blind
700 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL 60093
847-784-2774
deborahbloom at hadley.edu<mailto:deborahbloom at hadley.edu>

Life is a daring adventure or nothing. -- Helen Keller

Check us out online:
www.hadley.edu
www.facebook.com/thehadleyschoolfortheblind
www.twitter.com/thehadleyschool