[BlindVet-Talk] {Spam?} Let's Wear REd

NABlindVets at aol.com NABlindVets at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 16:35:30 UTC 2016

RED FRIDAYS:  Will you give this to my Daddy?

WEAR  RED  ON FRIDAYS...
Will  you give this to my Daddy?
As  a Company, Southwest Airlines is going to support 'Red Fridays'.
Last  week I was in Atlanta , Georgia attending a conference. While I was
in  the airport returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning
to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed one of  the
greatest acts of patriotism I have ever seen.
Moving  through the terminal was a group of soldiers in their camos. As
they  began heading to their gate, everyone (well almost everyone) was
abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and  cheering.
When  I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and
cheered for, it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red-blooded  American
who still loves this country and supports our troops and  their families.
Of  course, I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young
unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us  so we can
go to school, work and home without fear or  reprisal.
Just  when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our
service men and women, a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old,  ran up to
one of the male soldiers. He kneeled down and said  'hi.'
The  little girl then asked him if he would give something to her daddy for
 her.
The  young soldier, who didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said
he would try and what did she want to give to her Daddy. Then suddenly  the
little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest  hug she
could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.
The  mother of the little girl, who said her daughter's name was Courtney,
told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been in  Iraq
for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her  daughter Courtney
missed her father, the young soldier began to tear  up.
When  this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of
 the soldiers huddled together for a brief second. Then one of the  other
servicemen pulled out a military-looking walkie-talkie. They  started playing
with the device and talking back and forth on  it..
After  about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to
Courtney, bent down and said this to her, 'I spoke to your daddy and  he
told me to give this to you.' He then hugged this little girl that  he had just
met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by  saying 'your daddy
told me to tell you that he loves you more than  anything and he is coming
home very soon.'
The  mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young
soldier stood to his feet, he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was  standing
no more than 6 feet away from this entire event.
As  the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people
resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around,  there were
very few dry eyes, including my own. That young soldier in  one last act of
selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to  Courtney with a tear
rolling down his cheek.
We  need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and
thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the end of the day, it's  good to
be an American.
RED  FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red
every Friday. The reason? Americans who  support our troops used to be
called the 'silent majority'. We are no  longer silent, and are voicing our love
for God, country and home in  record breaking numbers.
We  are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal media
coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions. Many American,
like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the  vast
majority of Americans supports our troops.
Our  idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and
 respect starts this Friday -and continues  each and every Friday until the
troops all  come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded
 American who supports our men and women afar will wear something  red.
By  word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every
Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming  football game in the bleachers.
If  every one of us who loves this country will share this with
acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long  before the USA is
covered in RED and it will let our troops know the  once 'silent' majority
is on their side more than ever; certainly more  than the media lets on.
The  first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things
better for you?' is...We need your support and your prayers.
Let's  get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and
wear  something red every Friday.
IF  YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON.
IF  YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON --- IT IS YOUR
CHOICE. I don't know if you've seen this, but I couldn't delete  it..
WE  LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE. THEIR BLOOD
RUNS RED---- SO WEAR RED! --- MAY GOD HELP AMERICA TO BECOME ONE  NATION,
UNDER GOD.