[blparent] Baby's first cold?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Dec 2 17:12:41 UTC 2008

Hi.  I've got another question for all of you great moms and dads.  I've come down with a raw throat and a runny nose, the usual aches and pains of a cold.  I probably picked it up at church.  So far, I'm not sure if Sarah has caught the bug from me.  She seems a little more whiny and tired than usual, and last night Gerald said her cheeks were pink, but she looked fine this morning.  I know what to do for myself when I have a cold, and the kind of comfort stuff that makes me feel better.  But if Sarah does get sick, other than going to the doctor which I'll do if need be, what will help her?  I mean, the usual home remedies like chicken soup and such aren't geared toward babies.

Thanks,
Jo Elizabeth

It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself. To take advantage of that to break a man's spirit is devil's work. Take care of what you are doing. Take care.--George Bernard Shaw in "Candide"