[blparent] homework

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Dec 16 22:04:15 UTC 2008

It's the Kurzweil-National Federation of the Blind reader.  Now it's
software that can be put on a certain kind of Nokia phone.  If you've heard
of the Kurzweil Reading Machine it's the newest technology.  It uses the
camera built in the phone to take a picture of whatever you want to read.
Then you can listen to it read.  You can do money, packaging directions,
etc.  It still can't read handwriting and you wouldn't want to use it to
read a whole book but you definitely could use it to help a child with
homework.  Right now I believe the whole package is around $2,000 and that
price includes the $500 phone.
Barbara