[blparent] What kind of stove do yuou have?

Pickrell, Rebecca M. (TASCSD) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Mon Dec 29 15:21:49 UTC 2008

V,
The flat-top stoves technically have burners, how else would they work?
What you can do is place your hand gently over where you think the
burner is, of course keeping the heat on low so you don't burn yourself.

You can also look into infrared stoves, which will warm a pan (get it
hot enough so you can effectively cook) but the area around the pan will
*not* get hot.
We had a flat-top stove in our old house, and it wasn't a problem.
We have an "old-fashioned" stove in the new house, and don't plan to
replace it anytime soon.
Cleaning a flat-top stove is a breeze.
As someone else said, make sure you love what you buy, because you'll be
using it everyday for years.