[blparent] switching up foods

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Dec 30 22:35:50 UTC 2008

Grits are made from finely ground hominy.  They can be sweetened or salted,
and sometimes they're served with butter or cheese.  You can also cook them
up very thick, then cool them in a loaf pan, slice them, and fry the slices.
They're common in the South, and they're yummy.  My ex husband used to make
them for me, and he got them in the cereal aisle at the grocery store.  You
can get instant grits, quick-cooking grits, or the regular kind that take
forever to make.  The quick-cooking ones were preferable to me, tasting
better than the instant but not taking so long as the regular kind.  Grits
are more finely ground than oatmeal, similar to farina.

Jo Elizabeth

It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself. To take
advantage of that to break a man's spirit is devil's work. Take care of what
you are doing. Take care.--George Bernard Shaw in "Candide"