[blparent] looking for an advise about massage training school

Pickrell, Rebecca M. Rebecca.Pickrell at ngc.com
Wed Nov 5 15:58:35 UTC 2008

I have a friend who is a massage therapist, and another is a
chyropractor.
As for whether or not massage therapy is a good career for a blind
person, I'd ask this another way.
Do you like to touch people, people who may or may not be pleasant to
touch, or to be around?
Do you like and do you have the apptitude to learn muscle names,
tendons, legaments, bones and know how and why they work or do not work
together?
Are you prepared to take continuing education in this field?
Are you prepared and able to work evenings and weekends, because you
have to work when your clients are willing and able to come see you.
Speaking for myself, my anser is no to all my questions, hence why I
don't work in this field.
If yours is yes, then you may do just fine.
Good luck with whatever you decide.