[blparent] Question about adopting

Pickrell, Rebecca M. Rebecca.Pickrell at ngc.com
Mon Nov 10 12:52:17 UTC 2008

Yes.
Tell them that you will put things a toddler shouldn't have out of their
reach, in a locked cabinenet.
Demonstrate this too.
Know that you may not be able to see or control what they get into, but
you do have absolute control over where you place things in your house.
If you can't or don't convey this, though your words, and how you have
your home aranged, then the social servers workers do have a point.
Going back to my earlier message, if you have to think "is this safe",
then the answer is no.
You can also make social workers aware of so-called green products which
are nontoxic. Let them know that you would use them if you felt you
needed to.