[blparent] Noisy shoes

Jennifer Massey renandstimpy3 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 18:48:33 UTC 2008

When my son was about 16 months, we took both him and my daughter who was 3
at the time to the mall and let them play at the indoor playground.  I lost
sight of my son who wondered out of the play area and down one of the mall
hall ways.  I was scared out of my mind.  I searched for about 2 hours for
him and security even helped me.  We finally found him inside KB toy store.
After that we either kept him in the stroller or put him on a toddler leash.
Now he is 3 and has a better understanding of why to stay with us.
    my boyfriend was absolutely frightened when this happened because what
if this would have happened and he was by himself with him.  That is when we
decided we didn't care what people thought about having my child on a leash
it was for his safety that way he wouldn't get lost or wander off again from
us.  Even sighted parents have trouble keeping track of their young children
from time to time.

Jennifer