[blparent] adoption update.

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 23:17:53 UTC 2008

Had our second meeting today and I was right about her being iffy about
visually impaired people being able to raise a child. She actually admitted
it and I had an opportunity to share how I felt about her feeling that way.
We had a really good talk and cleared the air. I took many of your
suggestions as examples of how we can keep our child safe. She is starting
to get it now I think and seemed much more positive about it. My experience
with small children speaks volumes in this case. She told us because it's a
private adoption if the birth mom is bent on us having the baby even after
she shares her concerns there isn't much that they can do about it. The b
mom at this point will probably have a fit if they don't give us the baby so
I'm not too concerned about that. So I think now she might be a little more
open to learning how a vision impaired person would care for a child.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!