[blparent] wow kindergarten has changed!

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Sun Oct 26 05:10:52 UTC 2008

If I have to work to support or help support my family, I do have
trustworthy, dependable people in my life, thank God.  Amen.
 Not sure how I feel about mandatory K, but I know that I'm
thankful for the country I choose to live in, in spite of, and
because of all it's flaws, and I'm happy for the opportunity of
K.
I have a friend who has a five-year-old boy whom I believe
belongs in school.  She, in my opinion, isn't committed or
consistent enough to be "home schooling" him.  I was, shocked by
the fact that the boy can't count to five!  He could only count
to three.  He didn't know his phone number and address, or
birthday, I didn't dare ask about colors, not for blindness
reasons, just that I was afraid of what I'd find out.  Any way,
my friend complained one day "The government has my kids for long
enough every day, I'm in no rush."  I tried to explain that the
government was not a legal kidnapping agency, and education is
utmost important in life, and this country doesn't rank very high
compared to others,.  So I've heard.  So I've been told.  I have
no reason Not to believe it.
 The most important thing we do as parents is teach.  A-b-c's and
1 2 3S, and  a e i o u's?  I do things like, count out loud as I
change my granddaughter's diaper and snap up her one-zi.  "One,
two, "free" snaps."
 I feel it's our responsibility to introduce concepts.  Plant the
seeds.  Personally, I don't wish to home school so I take what's
available, and muttle through.  It's a very scary world we're
putting these little people in to, and we'd better prepare them.
If we don't, who will?  The alternative is NOT an option.
How do people not teach their children?

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blparent_nfbnet.org/poetlor
i8%40msn.com