[blparent] wow kindergarten has changed!

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Mon Oct 27 21:11:23 UTC 2008

Last year at my girl's Christmas concert I sat across the table
from a young woman and man with a little boy two-years-old.
Micro man wasn't willing to sit quietly, super-parents weren't
willing to take him to the provided quiet room, and Trish almost
got herself beat up because I couldn't keep my mouth shut.  I
complained to them about their noise and I was told "maybe you
should mind your own business, this is a family concert."  I said
I was aware of that, but I couldn't hear my family.  "Your little
man may be the center of your universe, but he is not the center
of mine, and he's disruptive, and you're inconsiderate."  They
went into the office and complained about me.  Nothing happened,
but my mom couldn't get me out of there fast enough.
Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but, if you're in
public, the grocery store, restaurant, school event, every thing
you do there is public.  If I find your children running around
in the store I'm going to say something to you.
It's not as though I'm barging into your living room telling you
how to raise your family.