[blparent] wow kindergarten has changed!

Eileen eileenlevin at comcast.net
Thu Oct 30 01:28:31 UTC 2008

Hi Barbara,
Some basics that children get from our half day kindergarten are:
1. Parents get feedback on where their child is learning wise, so the
child can get help through the school or a sylvan learning center or
parents can work with the child if  certain skills need extra work.
2. The kids start working as a group and following instructions from
someone other than their parents.
3. My son's main desire to be in kindergarten is getting to talk with
and interact with kids in our area. So far no play dates have been forth
coming, but Asher and Ari frequently stay after school to play on the
play ground with other children, and the love it.

The skill of being able to get along in a group is one I never really
had a chance to learn as a kid so I have been spending my own pennies to
send  Asher to summer camp and preschool to give him a better chance
than I had as a child.
Eileen