[blparent] comparing school systems around the world was RE: wow kindergarten has changed!

Eileen eileenlevin at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 21:20:17 UTC 2008

I under stand the temptation to compare the American system with the
rest of the worl.
Not all nations attempt to teach every single child.   In the USA we try
to teach every child til the age of 18 regardless of whether the parents
help or hinder their education, regardless of what physical or emotional
difficulties may be interfering with learning.  Many nations simply
don't keep a child in the school system if he is not successful. Many
don't provide publicly paid for education.

America offers the opportunity to learn.   Admittedly if the school is
filled with children who don't want to learn then I personally would
have to figure out how to move to a different school system.