[blparent] coloring eggs

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Apr 7 20:24:21 UTC 2009

I've never bothered with coloring eggs since I was a kid, though I might
start when Sarah gets old enough to appreciate such things.  But I probably
wouldn't roll the eggs in glue and glitter.  First of all, I can't stand
Martha Stewart.  I think she's around just to make the rest of us feel
completely inept when we can't pull off elaborate holidays like she does--if
you want to do all the things in her "Martha's Perfect Christmas" book,
you'll have to celebrate only every other year because the hours have been
added up, and there aren't enough hours in a year to get everything done
even if you don't have a job or kids or a life.  But anyway, I'd also be
worried that the glue might soak through the pores of the eggshell, so
unless there's an edible glue, the craft doesn't sound all that great to me.
The eggs would be nice and tactile, it's true.

Jo Elizabeth

"Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds
water."--Swedish proverb