[blparent] First Communion

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Apr 30 16:21:26 UTC 2009

For those of you who are catholic, you'll know what I am talking about.  Gab
is going to make her first communion this Saturday.  She is so excited.  300
children will be going through this ceremony.  Because there are so many,
the church as taken over our Santa Ana Star Center, like a giant arena for
concerts and basketball games, etc.  They are making the floor a giant altar
and of course, there will be enough seating for everyone's family.  Gab will
wear a white T length dress with a green belt and a pink flower on the right
hip.  The dress is satin and has wide sun dress straps.  Of course they
can't have their shoulders bare, so we bought what is called a shrug.  This
is like a sweater with sleeves and a back.  It only goes to the waste and
there is no front.  Silly, huh!  She also will wear white tights and white
shoes. She wants her hair in curls, so I will do my very best.  Her hair is
down to her waste. V