[blparent] Removing splinters?

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:56:24 UTC 2009

Get a good set of tweezers.  If there's anything sticking out that you can
get hold of, then you have a shot at it.  Tough trying to do careful work on
a squirming kid, but still probably your best bet.

The good news is that humans rarely suffer permanent damage from splinters.
If one gets infected, then soak with Epson salts.  The magnesium sulfate
permeates the outer layers of skin and blows away the microbes that might be
trying to take up residence.