[blparent] Audio materials

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Mon Aug 17 17:24:08 UTC 2009

I know there are websites where you can listen to and perhaps even download
books.  Audible.com is another source.  You can also download DVS movies
from somewhere and it's just the audio track of the film with description of
the actions.  Austin is really into the movie Cars right now so sometimes I
let him listen to just the audio of the movie while he's playing, or laying
down for a nap.  You will need a VR Stream or to make these portable, or
some other device that plays aug files.  Winamp does play these, but then
you're stuck listening on a computer unless you have wireless speakers or
something like that.  I have a lot of records from when I was little that I
recorded as mp3 files on my mp3 player/recorder.  They are great stories
like The Little Engine That Could, different fairy tales, Winnie the Pooh,
and lots of great music from Sesame Street.  I listened to these things all
of the time when I was a kid, and Austin seems to love them.  I'm sure a
some of it you can get on CD still, but some is out of print.
Hope this helps.
Melissa