[blparent] Potty training and eating by herself.

Nikki Fugett-Dobens nfugett at cinci.rr.com
Mon Aug 17 20:48:48 UTC 2009

Jessica,
Hi.  I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but I am a member of an online
resource called baby center, and they always have informative emails.  Last
week, I got an article on potty training and a readiness checklist.  My
daughter is only 13 months, so I'm not currently using the information, but
it sounded really good.  If you're interested, I can email the article and
readiness checklist to you off list.
As far as eating on her own, there are articles that suggest finger foods
that a lot of kids enjoy on the website.  My daughter likes to put
everything in her mouth, so she just started eating.  We put her in her high
chair each time to eat, and kind of have a meal time routine.  We ate with
her, and she began to immitate what we did.  Also, putting it in her hand
and guiding it to her mouth helps to introduce the concept.
Let me know if you're interested in the article and the web site.  There are
so many good articles and information on many topics.  I hope this helps.
    Nikki