[blparent] fun stuff for boys

Allison (NFBA) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 21:26:57 UTC 2009

Thanks all for suggestions.

Are the nurf balls still fun (and safe) for us to play with if they don't
have bells in them?  Has anyone tried this?

I'll check out the discovery toys link.  Does anyone have specific
suggestions in terms of discovery toys?  I feel a little overwhelmed by all
the choices.  Also I need something fairly high action to hold the little
guy's interest.  He's used to the fast-paced nature of World of Warcraft and
Wii games.  He's a smart kid though.  Grade level in reading and a grade
ahead in math.

We do have Braille cards that we play Go Fish and War with.  He loves Go
Fish.  We have Uno too but he gets bored quickly with that because the games
can run so long.  We also have the Freeze-up talking category game that he
loved for like a week and now never looks at.  *sigh*.  This feels so
complicated.

Thanks again,
Allison