[blparent] it somces closer

Dena Wainwright dena at envogueaccess.com
Wed Dec 16 17:53:44 UTC 2009

I have to agree about the schools' ability to help. I have been amazed at
the lack of insight my school has been able to provide regarding being a dog
user and being a parent of a young child. E.g., when I asked for tips on
traveling with a baby and a dog on an airplane, I was met with baffled
silence... It's as though no one has ever done these things before, and I
really feel that this is a short coming where the schools are concerned. I
also talked with them about the need to clarify things to their grads. E.g.,
they will often deny a potential student who is either pregnant, or who has
a very young child. That makes sense to me now that I have a baby, because I
understand now how hard it would be to make a new match work, but I think
they really need to provide a detailed explaination of their reasoning when
this happens. For instance, brining up the challenge of keeping a new dog on
leash while carrying your four month old baby around. Implementing a strict
schedule for feeding, watering, and relieving when you have a child with no
schedule. Getting out to do regular workouts with your dog when you are
recovering from labor and delivery, etc., etc.

Dena