[blparent] Baby's first cold?

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IT) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Tue Feb 3 19:16:54 UTC 2009

Trish,
I do believe you are correct.
That being said, everytime my daughter has had a fever, I've been very
glad I've taken her to the doctor, because she's had an ear infection.
I can remember ear infections that were so bad, I'd lie on the floor in
pain. I don't recall a fever with any of these.
By contrast, my daughter's ear infections don't really seem to hurt her.

Her latest fever, which happened back in Nov. was due to her very
enlarged tonsils. Again, I amg lad I ignored the nurse who told me "That
fever isn't worth a trip in" and took her in.
As luck would have it, the fever had broken before her appointment, but
the tonsils required a long course of antibiotics to shrink.
So, while I agree with you, we also are fortunate to have access to good
medical care of any number of flavors. Why not use it?