[blparent] OT warning

Eva Adams eadams15 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:55:05 UTC 2009

I thought this might be good for some of us to read.

Please pass this on.
  I found this interesting and wanted to pass it along.
                  Recently someone had to have their 5-year old German
Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy
until a few weeks ago,  so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause
was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison
of some kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's with
him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.
                  My neighbor started going through all the items in the
house. When he got to  the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a
warning which stated  'may be harmful to small children and animals.' He
called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and
was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients
(actually, he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from
antifreeze). Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with
the solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution
to destroy its liver.
                  Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats
also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick
cleanups on their  floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they
couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many
people as possibl e so they don't lose their animals.
                  This is equally harmful to babies and small children that
play on the floor a lot and put their fingers in their mouths a lot.
                  PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR
OWN A PET; PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON! YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN OR PETS BUT
SOME OF YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR FAMILY WITH PETS AND ALSO FAMILIES WITH
GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN.