[blparent] pediatricians

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Fri Feb 6 22:07:53 UTC 2009

I think it's more about your daughter not associating you with
the pain or discomfort that the DR.  puts her through.  When
they're having to give shots, or be invasive, they can do the
dirty deed, and then hand her to you for the comforting.

pediatricians.  I wanted to find one I liked and one who would
examine my baby in my lap.  I interviewed about 4 and asked
questions such as:
>How would you examine my baby.  If the answwer was on the table
like every other child, I didn't want that Dr
>but if the answer was in your lap so you can participate in her
check-up, then I was happy.
>2 told me they would put her on the examining table and the nurse
would hold her.  I asked if I could hold her instead and the Dr
said it was better if the nurse did it.  I didn't take that Dr.
>2 of them said they would examine her in my  lap, one said it but
he was not really happy with that arrangement.
>The other one suggested it so that I could be completely apart of
the check-up and I would be able to comfort her and that I could
see exactly what the Dr was doing.  he also wore a Mickey Mouse
stethoscope and warmed it up before putting it on my darling
daughter.