[blparent] nightmares

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Tue Feb 10 13:26:37 UTC 2009

V..  That brought tears to my eyes.  Poor Gab!  Thank God she has
you for an understanding mom.  Way to go!

party.  the plan was to go to the movie Coreena, a movie much
like the nightmare before christmas and then they would go back
to Claire's for cake and ice cream.  sounds harmless enough.
>Monday night gab started having these really weird nightmares.  I
thought it was because she was getting sick and by thursday, she
had a super sore throat and a runny nose and not much of a voice.
Every night she would whine and cry and refuse to sleep for more
than a few minutes at a time.  I slept with her one night and she
slept with us another.  I finally told her she had to sleep in
her own bed and she had to stay there/ no whining.  i couldn't
imagine what it was- an attention getter or what.
>So finally last night I was completely exhausted and so was she I
went into her room and sat on the bed and she kept saying her
chest hurt, her stomach achedf and she wanted to cry but could
not.
>I thought and thought and finally put 2 and 2 together.  I
thought about what happened Monday and then remembered that
invitation.  I said, Gab, you don't have to go to that movie if
you don't want to."  She burst into tears and said she was afraid
of it and didn't want to go.  I told her no one could force her
to do anything except her mom and dad and maybe her teachers, but
not her friends.
>She whimpered a little more and slept like a very tired baby and
so did we.  Let me tell you, sometimes it's hard being a mom and
i thought it was hard when she was tiny and couldn't tell me the
problem.  It even happens now at age 9.  V