[blparent] introduction

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Mon Feb 23 01:10:15 UTC 2009

Hi, Leanne, and welcome.
 My name is Trish.  I'm 44-years-old.  I'm currently working on a
Massage Therapy license.  I live in new England with my husband
and 2 daughters, ages 10 and 11 as of March.  4th.  My boy is 24
with a daughter of his own who will be two in April.
  I'm the only one in my entire family who is blind.  Sparing the
gory details I've been blind since the age of 4, although as a
child and young adult I had some vision.  Much worse, in my old
age, down to nothing, not even light perception.
Any way, nice group here.  Enjoy.

myself.  I recognize some of the names from other blind parenting
lists, but many of you I don't know.
>My name is Leanne, I live in Michigan with my husband Tyler and
our 3 children.  Mason is 9, Andralyn is almost 6, and Kaelyn is
14 months.  I am totally blind, due to bilateral Retinoblastoma,
and Tyler has some vision.  My children have all inherited my eye
condition, but they have all been treated and they have excellent
vision, other than some wandering eyes from scar tissue.