[blparent] Kloei's Weight (was Remus is here, finally)

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Feb 24 03:17:34 UTC 2009

Hi, Anjelina.  Best of luck with the pediatrician appointment tomorrow.
Just remember, weight isn't everything.  It's a factor among a lot of
others.  Sarah was monitored for slow weight gain during the first few
months, and I earned myself a lot of gray hairs worrying about it.  But
she's almost a year now, and doing great.  She's a little on the small side
as far as her weight, but she's following her own curve on the growth
charts, and that's the important thing.  How much your baby gains from day
to day or week to week doesn't matter as much as how she grows over months
and years.  A few months ago, Sarah only gained five ounces in four weeks.
She'd been sick.  But the next month, she gained over a pound.  All I'm
saying is, don't get too hung up about what the scale says on any given day.
Keep it in perspective--two bits worth of free advice from someone who
didn't.

Jo Elizabeth

"Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds
water."--Swedish proverb