[blparent] finger food suggestions for an almost toddler

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 22:02:42 UTC 2009

Maya, my niece just turned one yesterday. She absolutely will not eat solids
unless she feeds them to herself. Christine, her mom just puts everything on
her tray. She eats macaroni and cheese, peas, banana, small pieces of
vegetable, green beans, cheerios, taco meat and black beans, small pieces of
soft burrito shell, and almost anything else they eat unless it is too gooey
to spoon feed. Christine has just started scrambled eggs, but, since Maya
can't spoon feed and eggs are too mushy to put on her tray, Christine only
gets a few bites in before Maya looses interest. It has to be hard for you
at this stage, but I just wanted to let you know a baby about the same age
is doing the same thing.