[blparent] fruits and vegetables! Yuck!

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu Feb 26 03:03:48 UTC 2009

Now I know a bunch of you out there use creative ways to get the fruits and vegetables in your kids.  I'm thinking of the food processor trick to make a puree to mix in with the rice and more rice.  What kinds of vegetables don't your kiddos eat like this?  I know corn and peas won't work so well this way and I've thought of green beans and carrots but what other are good?  And if you say any kind of squash, how do you cook it?
Now for the fruit.  Would any fruit work like the vegetable trick?
My twins are taking a capful of Miralax a day and still seem to be having tummy trouble.  I know rice is a constipator but they won't eat potatoes.
I think I'm ready to try dabbling in different foods to expand their horizons.
Barbara
If wisdom's ways you wisely seek, five things observe with care:  of whom you speak, to whom you speak, and how and when and where.