[blparent] Questions about purchasing baby items

Tammy, Paul and Colyn tcl189 at rogers.com
Wed Jan 14 18:14:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

Rebecca, this is not  amedical list, it's a parenting one.  The original
question was not a medical one, it was a question about how to give medacin
when needed.  I'm sure we can rest assured that Angelina's doctors will
advise her when and when not to give medacin.  Your posts, while they may
contain some useful information for some people, may also make mothers to be
scared and unsure of what they are doing at a time when we neede to be a
help and a confidence boost to them.  Most of us remember this feeling as
we've been through it before, but for a first time mother and a single
parent this time can be overwhelming and very scarey.  I think it's
important to give people the facts, but you also need to take feelings in to
account here, and think about how much information is too much information
at one time.  I know your intentions were good, but remember back when you
were at the end stage of your pregnancy, I know, you only knew for the 6
weeks leading up to your baby's birth, but remember how scared you were, and
all the things you had to think about.  Then think about all of that again,
only imagine yourself with no husband to support you.  I hope you get my
point, and I hope you dohn't think I'm trying to be harsh or unkind.  I'm
certainly not!  I'm trying to consider the feelings of somebody who might be
a little more scared then they'd like to admit, and I'm thinking of how I
would feel in there position, because I remember it very well, and not too
fondly.

Tammy