[blparent] Unsubscribing

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Thu Jan 15 03:49:31 UTC 2009

Hi.  I think we would all do well to pause and consider what we say and how
it sounds before we send off our e-mails.  I feel bad for Anjelina, who has
turned away from a group that could have been a good support to her at a
time when she, as a new mom, needs all the support she can get.  I've found
some of the messages on this list to be abrasive and judgmental at times
myself, but I've tried to ignore that because the advice I've gotten has
been worth putting up with some discomfort.  It's sad, though, that there
has to be any discomfort, because that's the last thing parents, blind or
sighted, need.  Try to remember that regardless of our age, marital status,
or experience with children, we're all in the same boat.  A little bit of
empathy will go a long way.

Stepping down from my soapbox and taking a bow,
Jo Elizabeth

It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself. To take
advantage of that to break a man's spirit is devil's work. Take care of what
you are doing. Take care.--George Bernard Shaw in "Candide"