[blparent] Questions about purchasing baby items

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IT) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Mon Jan 19 13:38:23 UTC 2009

He is very caring.
I suppose that I have issues with the word support. I take it to mean,
and again, this is just me, but support the way I understand it means
"say or do whatever I want, regardless of what I say or want is in
anybody's best interests".
It's funny you bring this up, because husband and I were talking about
buzz words and what they tent to mean.
For fun, I'll share what we came up with.
Supportive; "do or say whatever the speaker wants, without regard to
whether what the speaker wants will do any good".
Open-minded; "put up with some behavior of mine that is socially
abhorent, i.e. a behavior that most people would not put up with".
Flexible; We have a legally binding contract, but I'm hoping like hell
to get out of my end of the deal".
Private; "I don't like you enough to consider you a friend, but if I
need you, you'd better jump".
We had a few others, but this is all I can think of now.
All this is to say, I simply don't like the term "support". It's very
loaded and well, it has negative conotations.