[blparent] [Bulk] bathing an infant

Eileen Levin eileenlevin at comcast.net
Fri Jul 3 03:26:02 UTC 2009

Hi Elizabeth,
Yes you are right, it is not a laughing matter especially for the 3 year old
who was circumcised. I'm no doctor, but some topical antibiotic and 20
minute soaks in Epson salts and a little patience  might have resolved the
infection just as successfully. Doctors prescribe antibiotics for other
types of infections, so why shouldn't antibiotics work just as well on the
foreskin infection?
All this talk reminds me of a distraught mom who's infant was circumcised
and it had gotten infected. I also know two adult men who were prescribed
circumcision to cure a tight foreskin and an infection. I can't tell you how
hard it was to make the decision to not circumcise  when both men were
urging me to go ahead and save my babies from future pain by circumcising at
birth. My gut reaction was that if animals and humans were born with
foreskins there must be a way to successfully survive or many species would
have died out long ago.

Skinning alive is one of the worst pains a human can suffer. I know because
I was treated for burns over 80% of my body as a result of the skin damage I
experienced from Stevens Johnson's syndrome.  Removing my skin saved me from
severe disfiguring scars, so it was a worthwhile procedure to under go;
however, it was  the most amazing pain I have ever known...
So, I guess I have a personal reason for not wanting to put my sons through
that kind of pain.
Eileen