[blparent] Convention

Marsha queen.marsha.lindsey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 23:50:36 UTC 2009

Hello All Blind Parents,
I wanted to write for a few reasons. As many of you all know we just came
home from the NFB convention. This year the convention was huge, with 2810
registered participators. It was a busy week all around. But the most
exciting news is that this years Parents meeting was a smashing success. We
had a great turn out and a great discussion. At the meeting this year we
talked about the list serv, and how this list really unites us all together.
About our legislation concerning blind parents that was recently passed in
Maryland. How Debra Stein, is in the process of developing a booklet to
inform social workers, police, teachers and the general public on parents
who are blind. There was also discussion about the issues we face every
single day. Further more, there was great interest in growing the group to
obtain a website for information. I am hoping in the coming weeks we can
really start to work on this new growth. And to those of you that are
interested in helping, I will be contacting you shortly. Personally it was a
pleasure for me to meet you all, I wish I had more time to spend and talk
with each and every one.

As far as the Maryland legislation to anyone who is not familiar with this
legislation, please contact me at the following address and we can talk
about it. Queen.marsha.lindsey at gmail.com   It would be a great feat to have
each and every state pass this legislation.

Thank you,
Marsha

database 4240 (20090713) __________

http://www.eset.com