[blparent] [Bulk] Re: Bedtime Stories...

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Tue Jul 14 20:24:14 UTC 2009

I guess it just depends on how you were raised.  My parents didn't have very
much education.  My dad never graduated from highschool.  He had to
quitschool when he was 14 to help his parents raise 11 children.  He did get
his GED when he was older and became a welder.  My mother quit school when
she was 17 and got married.  I hear my grandmother was not happy, but that
was normal in 1939.  My dad worked hard to feed his family (5 of us) plus my
mother and when I was in highschool, my mother finally went out and got a
job.  Anyway, they didn't sit down with us and play reading games.  What I
learned was in school. V