[blparent] Throwing Toys Out the Window

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 03:20:39 UTC 2009

There are also inexpensive little doodads that you can use to prevent a
window from opening more than a certain amount.  We have aluminum windows
which run inside a track.  The doodad is just a little clamp with a thumb
screw that you lock onto one side of the channel where the window slides.
Their intended as anti-burglary devices, but they would also stop a small
child from opening the window.  If your windows are wood frame, then maybe a
nail, but I agree with the concerns of hammering around glass.  Often old
windows are held together by puddy which is old and brittle.  I really do
hate fixing broken windows too.