[blparent] another cloth diaper question

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 03:08:13 UTC 2009

Hi Scott,
We bought a bum genius diaper sprayer when we bought our first set of
diapers.  It hooked easily to the water spicket behind the toilet.  You can
adjust the pressure to make it spray harder or softer, and you'll probably
have to play around with it a bit to get it just right.  I have used the
flushable liners, but I don't actually prefer them.  They stuck to my little
girl's bottom and girly parts and it just looked uncomfortable to me.
Imagine having damp toilet paper stuck to your bottom all day. lol  That's
basically what it looked like to me.  They're very clingy.  I use them if I
have to, if I'm going to be somewhere for a couple of days where I won't
have my sprayer, but otherwise I don't use them.  My husband and I have both
gotten pretty comfortable with spraying off the diapers.  I prefer to spray
off the pockets and fitteds over the prefolds, because you don't know where
you're going to find it on the prefold, whereas with the pockets and fitteds
it's all where it should be. (well, usually, lol)  When we're done spraying
the diapers, we use chlorox wipes to clean up the floor and the rim of the
toilet in case we've made a mess.  I usually hold the diaper down inside the
toilet bowl though, and I spray the water down the diaper so it runs into
the bowl.  I don't usually get sprayed or have much escape unless I'm in a
hurry and I'm not concentrating well on where I'm aiming.  It will take
practice, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.
Good luck.
Leanne