[blparent] another cloth diaper question

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Tue Jul 28 16:02:44 UTC 2009

If your wife is going to breast feed, no need to even rinse them off.
Breast fed baby poop is water soluble, so you can just toss it in the pale,
and it comes out in the wash.

When they start eating different foods, just shake the poop in to the
toilet, and toss it in the pale.  If your not comfortable just doing that,
use an old spatchula for scraping it in the toilet.  There is not really a
need to rinse with water.
We wash every 2 days, and do not have a smelly pale.  We use a dry pale so
there diapers are not sitting in water.
I would recommend you use something like Charlie's soap for washing the
diapers in.  There are no perfumes, dyes, etc... To bother the babies butt.
You can get a lot of cloth diapering info at
www.diaperswappers.com
Also check out cloth diaper webstores, they usually have FAQs on taking care
of cloth diapers.

Michael Baldwin
Got print, need Braille?
http://www.ReadWithDots.com